Saturday, April 12, 2008

My Reflections




As I reflect on the past assignments of this course, I realize I’ve learned a lot more than I expected. First of all this class was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. When the professor first entered into the room with her tools of the trade, I sighed. I thought we were going to be bogged down with a bunch of boring assignments. Not the case…..


The entire course is about Going Green and my views about living Green. In other words, how much do I care about the world I live in? Do I care about what is happening to the environment? If I didn’t then, with the insight I’ve obtained during this class I do now.


As I look back at the hard work I’ve done, my attitude, behavior, and my viewpoint has changed. I am more aware of the things I do to the environment. At first, it didn’t matter, now I have a conscience.


After viewing Al Gores "An Inconvient Truth" video on the environment, I’ve realized the upcoming dangers the world is apt to face if we as humans don’t change our habits. I’ve learned that everything we do has an indirect or direct impact on the environment.
Thus writing my analysis on the blogs is rather interesting. Thus, I get to read other students work and write comments about it. As well as posting my own outlook on things.


The first blog was the easiest of them all. It was about me and what I did for the environment. Thus, I was not aware that my actions were indirectly connected to the environment, I soon learned it was.


The next blog was about the film we watched called Annie says "The story stuff" in this film she showed us how the system is run and how it ties into the environment. In this blog I learned how the things we wear, eat, the places we work and the way we spend our money has everything to do with the environment.


The third blog I wrote about how my passion is ties into the journey I am taking in life. This blog I learned that the passion I have for becoming a Licensed Practical Nurse my not be where I will end up after all.


The next blog I learned the difference between having dominion over something and dominating something. This blog was interesting because I learned about how different scriptures make sense and have a direct approach about the environment.


The fifth blog was the most interesting one of them all. Although it was a lot of work I had the pleasure of viewing other people blog outside of the class and commented on at least one. This showed me how there are many people in this world working towards the same goals that I am.


For example: The Eco Geek :
I like the sites that was listed on this blog.

This one was interesting as well: The Green Thistle

These are just two of many you can view for yourself.

Each blog taught me something about the environment and how it is important it is to stop abusing our planet. As this class goes on I have a better respect for the environment and a more distinguish role in the Going Green process.

1 comment:

Ligia said...

I agree with you Debbie, this class has helped us to be more conscious about the impact that our actions has to the environment. This class has taught us the information that we are not seeing or that we are ignoring about our planet. Just like you, I had a lot of fun doing the blogs. It was way of reflecting and getting to know more about ourselves and classmates.