Saturday, April 26, 2008

Research Paper

My Research paper will probably be on Conserving Energy. one of the sites I will be using will be the National Resource Defense Council. Although this topic covers alot of ground I will narrow it down to one or two subtopics such as:

Air, - How the polution in the air effects your health and your asthma may be a result of Global Warming and where you live

Wildlife, - How eveythig we do has an effect on our wildlife and how they are in danger of becomong extinct

Neuclear Weapons and Waste, - How neuclear weapons can have a direct effect on your health such as your location and cancer can be related.

Global Warming,- This topic is so general each one of these subjects are related to it.

Water and Waste, and Enviornmental Justice, to how each one of these subjects effects your health.

The one that I am leaning towards which I did not mention is The "Food Chain" starting from the tiniest organisms to the largest.

This includes: autotrophs, hetrotrophs, and herbivores to carnivors. This topic is interesting to me and it is amazing how things live and servive in this world.

Extiction and Evolution are other topics that I was tossing around. How amazing is it to see creatures adapt to their enviornment. and the ones that don't tend to die off and Become Extinct
Extinction of animals can be caused by diffrent things like killing for consumption or the toxic waste dumped on the enviornment as well as climate change. If we talk about creatures of the water we talk about the poisions and garbage which are dumped into our water supply on a daily basis.

Even to this moment with the first draft approaching in three to four days I am still playing with topics. However my resourses includes Ebsco Host and Jstor.

http://rpa.laguardia.edu:2048/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/

This is one of the articles which talks about extinction I think it will be helpful because it talks about the differnt reasons why things become extinct including climate change and biodiversity.

http://www.esa.org/ This is another site with which will be helpful to my paper. This site talks about the positive and negative effects extinction has on our lives. How it is directly and indirectly relates to how we abuse the enviornment.

I am will like to share my paper globally. These isssues not only affect the region they are international issues which has a affect on everyone in the food chain.

There are more these are the ones I chose to share with you.
Looking For comments!!!!

If I am biting off far more than I can chew Please let me know.

4 comments:

Fletcher said...

Alrighty,

I like the idea of combining one or two of the topics, and something struck me going through your initial list.

You could combine the nuclear aspect with the wildlife one. Instead of lookiing at nuclear weapons, why not direct it more toward nuclear power plants, and then researching the effects of the plant's activities and waste on the surrounding wildlife? Looking at mutations, extinctions, migration patterns, things like that.

rlouisaire said...

Ok I think that the topic of conservation is really important becasue as a global community we o tend to spend spend spend. If u do animals go the bronx zoo

Doctor X said...

Yeah--the issue here will be to figure out exactly what to narrow it down to. Fletcher's idea is not bad.

*Ms. Nisha* said...

I think focusing a bit on wild life is good becaue often wild life is over looked. People don't really take time to think of the animals. the only people who do realize it affects them and that they are on the verge of dying out are animal lovers.