Friday, May 23, 2008

The Basic, Home and Travel

Five easy little things:

Keeping microwave clean it is easy for me to keep my microwave clean because I do not like a dirty microwave anyway. However I did not know you get better usage out of it also, so this works in my favor

Using water filters instead of buying bottled water sounds good to me because it saves me money in the long run and I am a penny pincher when it comes to spender money.

Reusing garbage bags is a habit that I practice anyway because again I am too cheap to buy garbage bags. So not only do I save money in a sense I save the environment as well.
Dusting my light bulbs is a habit I will start. It will continue to keep the light bright as well as save the bulb


Bring my own toiletries will be a good habit to get into because I like my brand of soap anyway. I believe when I use hotel shampoo it is watered down and their soap makes me itch


Five difficult little things:

Turn water off while brushing as a bad habit I tend to leave the water running while brushing my teeth. I have been doing it for so long that when I tried turning the water off it didn’t seem right….. I will make more of an effort to change this habit but…. It won’t be easy

Flushing less is something I probably will not get used to because I do not pay a water bill and I do not like to sit in my ……… therefore I don’t know if It will be so easy for me to change this habit.

Recycling is something else I find to be difficult to do because I live in a housing development and they do not enforce it. I have been doing this so long it is going to be a bit more difficult for me to change. My sister who lives around the corner from me always scolds me about this habit.

Unplugging my appliances will be rather difficult because I am in the habit of leaving them plugged up. Besides I will have to reset the time on all of my appliances every time I plug them up. That seems like such a hassle……… I don’t think so……..

Keeping the shades closed is a no no for me …….I am a firm believer in letting the sunshine in although in the summer I know you save energy with the shades closed…. This old habit won’t be so easy for me to break……

Through it all I will commit myself to recycling and turning the water off when I brush my teeth and while washing the dishes. These steps will be big... baby steps.... I am so set in my ways it's time for a chang..... if I really care about the enviornment and the world I live in I need to make small changes in my life...... Fron little changes will come big changes....... I will just have to commit myself to this...... and work hard at sticking to my word......... And I Will............ For my children future...............

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess we have been doing more than we thought for the planet. I say this because I use the microwave at least 5 times a day to cook and heat food and I always keep it clean.

My only concern is with stories you hear from time to time that microwaves can cause illnesses such as cancer. There is always some study you hear about on the news that makes you think. In this day and age I'm not sure what to believe.

But anyway, I love my microwave...haha

Jocelyn Perez said...

I agree, it is the little things that become big things, and most of these "little" things must be approached through baby steps.

If everyone did one little thing, it would equal one big difference...and that's a good start for me.

Also don't you notice how being Green really does save us "pennypinchers" money? In this disposable economy, most people don't take the time to think or of what may work better in the long run.

Jocelyn =)Saving the world is 24/7 job.

Doctor X said...

yep--let's admit it. Being green sometimes helps save money. If not, it tends to be healthier.

Ligia said...

I think that for many of us water is our biggest problem to follow. We use a lot of water daily that we do not realize how much of we are wasting. In order to stop this I think that we first need to become aware of it. Also, we need to show people the results of this situation. Like we all know images are very strong and can make people do a lot of things.