Thursday, May 29, 2008

For My Professor

*How easy/difficult was your experience working with Blogger? Did you feel frustrated at any point with the technology or the kinds of knowledge you had to have to blog the way you wanted to? What was interesting or fun about working with Blogger?

As I reflect back on doing my blog assignments I realize the experience was not as bad as I anticipated it would be…..

First off I am not a computer wiz nor am I a computer junkie therefore, there have been several occasions where I was not just frustrated with doing the assignment, and I also wanted to just throw the damn thing away. It seemed as though nothing was going in the direction I needed it to for the assignments, however I made it through.

Making attempts to get the blogs exactly the way I wanted it to be was not an easy task for me. It took several attempts and a whole lot of patience, and for the most part I still could not get the blog exactly the way I wanted it to be.

What was interesting about doing the blog was it gave me the opportunity to learn how to do something different. Although it was frustrating at times it was fun learning how to do new things on the blog.*Was writing the entry relatively painless or kind of a pain in the neck? Why or why not? Was it hard to write at least 250 words?

Writing the blog was a pain in the….. at first but once I got the hang of it……. The excitement set in. I enjoyed learning how to add the pictures and different colors to my blog. Although I never learned how to put a slide show on the blog or change the template and color, I kinda got used to doing the blog.

As far as writing two hundred and fifty words, once I starting witting it was not hard at all. The words began to flow and the next thing I knew I had two hundred and fifty words or better.

*Was it easy/difficult to meet the deadline for the entry and the comments? Why or why not? Do you think there may be a better way to set up a deadline? (If so, what is it?) Should there be a deadline at all?

The deadline………… um…. Meeting the deadline was easy for me the blog became a part of my weekend. The difficult part was to comment on others people blogs because on several occasions I had to wait until the next day in order to comment on another person’s blog.

I go to bed at a certain time every night therefore I was not going to stay up and wait until midnight or later to post a comment on someone else blog. Not only that sometimes it was a pain in the ……… to check everyone’s blog to see if they had it done. That’s how I got confused on blog number nine thinking I commented someone’s blog nine and it was actually blog number eight.

Should there be a deadline is totally up to you should the deadline be four o’clock in the morning no….. Then maybe early birds like me would not have an issue with finding a blog to add the comments.

*Discuss your experience interacting with other class blogs. Did you learn anything in special that you think you wouldn't have if we didn't have blogs?In general, were comments useful or just kind of pro forma?

Yes I learned a lot of interesting things about going green and the bigger picture. I also learned how the little things we do in our daily lives can make a big difference in the future.

*Compare blogging to other kinds of writing you have done in previous courses.

I prefer to blog. Me myself, I don’t like to write that much however since this was an intensive writing class, writing a blog on a weekly basis took the stress out of having to write a paper every week. Although, that’s exactly what we did in a different form, it wasn’t bad at all.

*Do you think you would like to keep on blogging on your own?

It depends on who will read the blog will I be writing in vain or will other people read the blog and comment on it as well. Also what in the world will I write about? I guess if I had topics to write about yes I would.

3 comments:

Jocelyn Perez said...

aha!I am not the only one who suffers at the hands of technology!lolz
also its nice to see someone else shared my experiences of comment scouting.
plus i'd have to say that there are tons of things to write about!!!rants about the MTA, taxes, rice going up from 4.99 to $16, gas prices, politics, police violence, the inefficiency of crane inspectors and hey, even the discovery of new tribes! i don't think i'll run out of new material!
Jocelyn =) keep the blogging strong!lolz

Ligia said...

I agree with you the biggest problem was commenting on other blogs. Just like you I had to stay up late waiting for others to post their blogs. It was frustating because I had to check each single blog and at the next day I had to do the same time all over again. And of course we do not always have time for this because we have other things to do. Besides that the blogs were interesting and helpful about the environment.

Fidel-T said...

yea, maybe commenting might have been a problem. However, for this reason professor Gallardo allowed us to comment on Sundays. so, i think it worked out pretty well. If you struggled with technology but eventually overcame, then the course did exactly what it was supposed to do: integrate technology into a intensive writing course.